Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Friend's Wedding, Mestia, November 2010

 Ramaz G, former mayor of the village where we've bought a house in Svaneti, and his lovely bride in an ancient, 2-story Orthodox church in Mestia.  Top, being led around the altar 3 times by the priest.  I didn't use flash as it's fatal to frescoes; hence the slow shutter speeds and motion blur, which is all my style in such situations anyway.  Crowns are held over the couple's heads by their best man and maid of honour - this is what, above Ramaz's head, is catching the ray of light.
Middle, the church itself.  Bottom, the ray of light again, and smoke from delicious incense still made to the Old Testament Jewish recipe.

3 comments:

  1. The wedding shot is one of your best yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks. I must admit I'm pretty pleased with it myself. Well, I had 3 tries to get something usable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AMAZINg pics Tony - simply love looking at them. Thanks for your recent news. You two are incredible. Lots of love from comfortable but not so interesting Oz Katya XX

    ReplyDelete